1964 air conditioning repair | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1964 air conditioning repair

• Thread starter Thread starter HBS
  • Start date Start date
H
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Do you think it’s worth while to repair A / C on this age car. We think the evaporator might be the problem. Also, any recommendations for a A\C shop in Tampa,FL

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

As Former owner of an A/C Kit manufacturer for classic foreign sport cars, I may be able to help. Tell me what the symptoms are and how you arrived at the conclusion of the Evaporator.

All the parts are available if you want to keep the system original.

The repair person checked everything up to the evaprator and then stopped. He said it would to much too open up the dash.

Thanks for few replies, after thinking and talking to a few people I’ve decided to not bother fixing the problem. I was told that the cost to repair the A/C would be expensive and finding a shop that would work on the car would be hard.

Back