1963 Temperature control switch replacement part

Cam
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good morning

I am trying to locate a temperature control switch for the A/C of a 1963 T-bird. This is a cable/lever controlled unit that turns on the compressor. The original switch I believe was manufactured by Ranco.

Has anyone had any experience with this unit?

Any info on a replacement is appreciated.

Thanks

Cam

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Include your model year in the subject on future posts. Also, "temperature control switch" isn't adetailed enough summary. I expanded for you and also moved to the parts wanted forum.

Temp Control update:
The 61-63 Thunderbird Shop manual page 10-19 Fig.5 refers to the switch as Thermostatic switch.
The original switch was manufactured by Ranco, and is a type 10A. other numbers are : C25A-19618-A. It is faded so could be C2SA-10618-A and the number A10-2205 also appears on the backside.

Any info on a replacement is welcome.

Thank you

Cam

Temp Control update:
The 61-63 Thunderbird Shop manual page 10-19 Fig.5 refers to the switch as Thermostatic switch.
The original switch was manufactured by Ranco, and is a type 10A. other numbers are : C25A-19618-A. It is faded so could be C2SA-10618-A and the number A10-2205 also appears on the backside.

Any info on a replacement is welcome.

Thank you

Cam
Hi Cam, I'm also searching for the same part. Have you had any luck yet?

Hi Cam, I'm also searching for the same part. Have you had any luck yet?
Not yet. Have found something close but has 42 inch capillary. If other features work capillary can be doubled. When research complete will let you know what I used.

Not yet. Have found something close but has 42 inch capillary. If other features work capillary can be doubled. When research complete will let you know what I used.
Hi Cam, looks like you and I are looking in the same places. I saw that one also. I'm not sure if there's anything internally different or if the operating temperatures are the same. Found a few with the exact same mounting but with different numbers and not sure if those operate the same internally. This may help you, I do know that Classic Air lists a replacement, but haven't contacted them let to see if this is a used or generic. I just had them completely rebuilt my A/C. Btw, I'm restoring a 63 Roadster. What are you working on?

Hi Cam, looks like you and I are looking in the same places. I saw that one also. I'm not sure if there's anything internally different or if the operating temperatures are the same. Found a few with the exact same mounting but with different numbers and not sure if those operate the same internally. This may help you, I do know that Classic Air lists a replacement, but haven't contacted them let to see if this is a used or generic. I just had them completely rebuilt my A/C. Btw, I'm restoring a 63 Roadster. What are you working on?
I'm also doing a cross reference on other years of fords that may have used the same thermostat. Apparently any year that uses the cable operated thermostat in theory should work as long as the base mount is the same. So far I think the falcon used the same although under a falcon part number. Will keep you posted

Sorry for delay. I have been out of country for a while.
Have not found a replacement switch but think that I can get the original rebuilt for about $175. Have you had any luck.

You can contact me direct at cnovoa2@*******

Back