1963 Convertible Top Stuck up

Thunderbird Year
HELP! My convertible has the Roadster insert in place with the top up and it won't come down, not even a clicking noise. Are there any relays
under the passenger side dash or hood that I might troubleshoot? I normally could have popped the back seat out to get to the relays in the truck,
but the roadster insert is in the way....and no way to remove it with the top up. Can I SLOWLY pull the top up manually (against the hydraulic pressure) enough
to get the to roadster insert bolts???? And before anyone jumps in with "use the search function"....I did and it was no help....so keep your snide comments please.

Thunderbird Year
HELP! My convertible has the Roadster insert in place with the top up and it won't come down, not even a clicking noise. Are there any relays
under the passenger side dash or hood that I might troubleshoot? I normally could have popped the back seat out to get to the relays in the truck,
but the roadster insert is in the way....and no way to remove it with the top up. Can I SLOWLY pull the top up manually (against the hydraulic pressure) enough
to get the to roadster insert bolts???? And before anyone jumps in with "use the search function"....I did and it was no help....so keep your snide comments please.
Have you reset the main relay that is located beside the radiator on the passenger side of the engine bay.
Most likely that will fix the issue

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thunderbird Year
Obviously you need the one for your car, look at the sellers other items-

okie dokie thank you & will do. Looking like I'll need a new truck lid as well as it's appearing the only way into it to change the WORST POSITIONED RELAYS IN THE HISTORY OF ENGINEERING will be with a SawZall.

Thunderbird Year
don't do that. Read the shop manual. It will tell you what to unfasten, unbolt or "jump" to gain access. If you don't hear the trunk latch screws turning, there are retaining bolts above the rear tires in the wheel arches that can be removed to unlatch the trunk lid. After that look in the shop manual as I don't recall where to release the rams.