1957 RH Cowel Vent | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1957 RH Cowel Vent

TbirdFan76
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I'm having a terrible time trying to replace a simple clip to hold the right hand (passenger) side cowl vent door rod in place. I purchased Item Number: 02164 from classictbird.com (see picture of parts and diagram below). Does anyone have a tip on how to get this clip in place? I worked on this for several hours and even with a person to help hold the rod on the outside, getting the end of the rod to go through the clip holes, Side Vent Door Actuating arm hole and holding the end of the clip with the holes in the correct position (at least I think is correct) to get the clip on the rod seems impossible.

Ventilation-SideVentDoorActuating.png

I'm hoping installing this one missing clip (it was missing when I purchased the car) doesn't require taking the entire cowel vent assembly apart.

This page contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Attachments

• RH Cowl Vent Parts.png
    RH Cowl Vent Parts.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Ventilation-CowlSideVent.png
    Ventilation-CowlSideVent.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 3
Back