1957 mechanical heater valve install | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1957 mechanical heater valve install

• Thread starter Thread starter valhalla 4771
  • Start date Start date
valhalla 4771

valhalla 4771

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Before I reinstall the dash….
I have a mechanical heater valve kit, but no printed install instructions. The install seems straightforward. Two questions:
1. Is there a precise location (e.g. so many inches from the firewall) for the valve to be installed in the heater hose in order for the control cable to get connected to the heater/defrost control in the dash? And if so, where?
2. Is there a preferred hole in the firewall through which to feed the control cable?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Before I reinstall the dash….
I have a mechanical heater valve kit, but no printed install instructions. The install seems straightforward. Two questions:
1. Is there a precise location (e.g. so many inches from the firewall) for the valve to be installed in the heater hose in order for the control cable to get connected to the heater/defrost control in the dash? And if so, where?
2. Is there a preferred hole in the firewall through which to feed the control cable?
If using the original cable try to mount such that the looped end of the cable easily matches the arm on the valve. As to a path straight lines have the least resistance.

Here are the instructions that came with the manual heater control kit. I was able to hide the heater valve under the square heater to duct hose so it is not noticeable.

doug7740
1955Thunderbird Blue

Manual Heater Conversion.jpg

Manual Heater Valve 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back