1965 heater hose diagram? 390 engine with AC

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Arghh... Just got this 1965, Florida car. I am in New York so heat would be nice, there is none. I started to chase the vacuum network, I found that the vacuum motor for the trap door in the heater box was unhooked, I found the hose and rehooked. No help really. Then things went really off the rails. I was looking at the heater hoses under the hood, and found one connected to nothing. I then looked at the water pump, and there appears to be a plug where I think a hose should connect to, There is also another plug on top of the motor, perhaps that is the other heater hose connection. There are hoses connected to both the heater core and the intake manifold at the base of the carb. So apparently some genius has bypassed the cooling for the carb base and heater core completely, and they just have air in them. I may as well replace the heater core now, since perhaps it was leaking and that is where this travesty began. I have the lower dash apart, and if I remove the heater box cover I think I can get access to the core and remove if from inside. At least it won't spill anything...

Does someone have a diagram of how these heater hoses are supposed to be connected? I assume the carb base cooling is in series with the heater core, but if someone could tell me the proper connections I would like to route and position all the hoses, then have a shop drain the coolant , add the proper fittings to the water pump, connect everything and refill the system. I also saw references to some kind of heater control valve which appears to go inline with a heater hose and has a vacuum connection. Is that supposed to be in the engine compartment or under the dash? I do not see anything under the hood, and I can see where the 2 hoses connect to the top and bottom of the heater core. Maybe that cuts off flow to the heater core when using AC?
Once the heater core is back into play, I can then see about any vacuum network problems. I also found a broken connection on a vacuum canister bolted to the right inner fender, which I think is for the AC. I will attempt to jbweld that, worst case I think they make a repro for that part.

Any help would be appreciated!

Do you have a shop manual? that is an invaluable tool. Barring that there is also a diagram book. and lastly go to the various Thunderbird suppliers. You may be able to trace the hoses from illustration with in the catalog.
Good luck. I once went from Phoeniz AZ to Los Angeles CA in winter with no heat in my family doctors much older than me sister in her '55 in about 1960. BRRR!

Yes, but shop manual only has picture for non-AC car. I think I have it figured out, I am getting 2 fittings to replace the plugs, will go from there.

Back