1955 292ci stock fuel pump fuel line question | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1955 292ci stock fuel pump fuel line question

• Thread starter Thread starter odannyboy
  • Start date Start date
odannyboy

odannyboy

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I purchased new pump to filter fuel line along with making a new 5/16" line from tank to pump.
Its then I noticed there are 4 threaded holes of different size on the fuel pump.
Top threaded hole is smaller and finer threads, like the ones on fuel filter.
Bottom threaded hole is 5/16" flared tube fitting type

Found another stock 55, their lines used the bottom threaded holes.
Why 4 holes, one set needs plugged or what do I do. Manual says nothing?
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Is the top half of the pump a vacuum pump? Pictures would be helpful.

Yes thy are the two holes are on the side not on top?

Top two holes are vacuum from carb to windshield wipers. Connect to the fuel pump with rubber hose, which connects to hard pipes.
The two bottom threaded connections are for the fuel. The connection toward the front of the car is input from tank connected with 6 inch threaded rubber hose to pipe from tank, the connection facing side of car goes up to the fuel filter and his hard piped with flare fitting..

Back