1955 rats nest | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1955 rats nest

• Thread starter Thread starter JRH
  • Start date Start date
JRH
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Took the drivers side door panel off today got a surprise. 1st pic is the bottom of the door 2nd is all the nest and droppings in the trash can. That's only one door shop vac came in handy! I was wondering where the jute under the carpet went.
IMG_6593.JPGIMG_6594.JPG

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Been there - done that!
My ‘55 was kept in a garage for years by the previous owner. I spent hours digging and vacuuming out similar droppings and pecans! New in the box mufflers had pecans in them as well. Once I thought I had everything cleaned out I found more in the fresh air ducts.

Been there - done that!
My ‘55 was kept in a garage for years by the previous owner. I spent hours digging and vacuuming out similar droppings and pecans! New in the box mufflers had pecans in them as well. Once I thought I had everything cleaned out I found more in the fresh air ducts.
Those critters will find any place to stash their finds. I have heard that dryer sheets help repel them but after the fact it's amazing where they find places to stash their stuff. Saw an article with pictures of a fellow had his full-size P/U engine compartment filled with pinecones. Also even all the way up the exhaust to the manifolds. Now I've heard that the new wiring harnesses are insulated with vegetable-based insulation and smell yummy to those critters.

I have one of these zip-up car covers for winter storage:

Works well; no evidence of critters during storage. But I don’t use it during driving season because I found it takes too much time to zip and unzip it every day. So, I just use dryer sheets in and around the car. But this post has me reconsidering: yuck!!!

Iv'e found the same in several classics, be careful their waste products are nasty, wear a mask and gloves when cleaning up.

Pulled the right side today clean can't believe the left was 1/4 full and right notta.

Back