1955 backup light switch mounted? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1955 backup light switch mounted?

• Thread starter Thread starter OlleHi
  • Start date Start date
OlleHi
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Hi,
I had my -55 at a shop where they did some work on the engine and gearbox.
But when I got the car back, the first and reverse gear were switched, so I just changed the linkage from the stick to the gearbox the other way around. It was upside down.
They had got the reverse lights working with the switch on the gearbox.
But when I changed the linkage I could not figure out how the switch should be mounted.
The first picture shows the correct mounting of the linkage, and the second shows the way the switch was mounted when I got the car back, but I have changed the linkage already.

I see now my description is not very understandable (I live in Sweden), but if someone have or could take a picture under their -55 of the linkage and the switch and show me what it looks like it would probably help a lot.
Is the mounting plate correct?

Best regards
Olle

20240728_134142_mod.jpg20240728_134314_mod.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I must admit I don't have a '55 yet, but I would put it in reverse and see about moving the bracket onto a lower set of holes.
Maybe @doug7740 will chime in, he's well versed in the baby birds.

I must admit I don't have a '55 yet, but I would put it in reverse and see about moving the bracket onto a lower set of holes.
Maybe @doug7740 will chime in, he's well versed in the baby birds.
I have tried, but I can't figure out how the bracket should sit. And the speedometer housing is on that side as well. Hmm?
A pictire would help.

Back