02 with FEM still in shop now NO Start

jjtbird

jjtbird

Lifetime Subscriber
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Sent FEM 2 weeks ago, drove home ok, Started her up every other day just because since then. Today she started and then stopped in a second.
I then tied several times, with lots of nothingness.

By the way, Midwest Teck , i think is the name , has stopped taking tbird modules ufn....

Help would be appreciated....JJ

I wouldn't have started the car with the FEM out, I'm hoping Midwest Tech is still working off the FEMs that have in hand because they've had my '02 FEM for about two weeks... They do have some sort of weird message on their web site about not taking T-Bird modules "temporarily"; and that prices will go up...

SORRY ABOUT THAT .. it started up but for the first minute it needed to have the rpm above 1000, then settled out and was normal...

Any thoughts ?????

Not really, you are supposed to be able to start and run the car without the FEM (according to that MidwestTekMart web site) but I personally thought it was a risk operating the car with a major electronic component missing...

Its prob OK but I was lucky enough to have a place to park the car and let it sit several weeks without having to move it.

SORRY ABOUT THAT .. it started up but for the first minute it needed to have the rpm above 1000, then settled out and was normal...

Any thoughts ?????
That is completely normal assuming that you’re not having to press the accelerator to feed it fuel. When you start the engine should rev a bit above 1000 rpm for a moment and then settle around 750.

As of today, the rebuilt FEM arrived and was installed. The workmanship of Midwest seems to be perfect. All functions are back to normal. It took 6 weeks block to block. This includes the No start and convertible top operation.

They told me that they know what they are doing.... I believe them.

Back