02-05 Thunderbird headlights LED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderbird Year
Yes, 2+ year old thread. Just wanted folks to know, that there are inexpensive lights out there that work just fine. I put these in my Ford Flex 2 years ago and have had zero problems. I looked for hi & low beam lights and preferred ones without fans. I came up with these. BEAMTECH H13 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9008 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit.

I'll probably try a set of these out in my new 2005 :)

I just put in some Beamtech headlights. Original yellow lights vs white LED's. I put some blue tape on the garage door to make sure the vertical alignment wasn't altered after the swap.
I got this brand because my other car has been running them for a couple of years without any problems.

Note.... Because it has a fan, the cable comes out of the side of the housing. The photos in Amazon were misleading and I didn't realize it. My other lights don't have a fan. I clipped the retaining ring in one location to help get the body of the light & wire thru the adapter. (Why?Why? an adapter ring???)
Headlight Retainer Ring.jpg20221031_193539.jpg20221103_203552.jpg

Mark James

Thunderbird Year
I just put in some Beamtech headlights. Original yellow lights vs white LED's. I put some blue tape on the garage door to make sure the vertical alignment wasn't altered after the swap.
I got this brand because my other car has been running them for a couple of years without any problems.

Note.... Because it has a fan, the cable comes out of the side of the housing. The photos in Amazon were misleading and I didn't realize it. My other lights don't have a fan. I clipped the retaining ring in one location to help get the body of the light & wire thru the adapter. (Why?Why? an adapter ring???)
View attachment 25013View attachment 25009View attachment 25010
I found that when putting in my LEDs that you needed to separate the bulb from the heat sink housing, then insert the bulb and ring, and then remount the housing. Worked fine.

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thunderbird Year
Yes, 2+ year old thread. Just wanted folks to know, that there are inexpensive lights out there that work just fine. I put these in my Ford Flex 2 years ago and have had zero problems. I looked for hi & low beam lights and preferred ones without fans. I came up with these. BEAMTECH H13 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9008 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit.
When you get sued, it's not inexpensive! Just an FYI putting LED headlights in halogen housings is illegal in many places, and forum members have reported lawsuits with accidents where parties were found partially at fault for replacing halogen bulbs with LEDs.

People post these before an after photos with super bright lights, and it actually only demonstrates why this is illegal.

Screenshot_20210915-103108_Edge.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.