02-05 Made my own Cab Cover

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I got laid off in September (was originally a furlough that started in July). That means WAY TOO MUCH time on my hands. After finishing the internet, catching up on all the series I've missed over the years and building all my lego sets and model kits I had to come up with something to do, lol.

I had always wanted a cab cover for when I had the top down and covered with the tonneau cover. Being without income the ones that are available are out of the question (not too mention crazy overpriced in my opinion). So, being handy with a sewing machine I turned a full size sheet into a cover. Secures with elastic over the mirrors, snaps at the rear and the wipers at the front. The snaps can be used without the tonneau on, I added snaps to the plastic pulls so I can use it with. Treated the fabric with a water repellant as well.

Here it is:

124346185_1060731721041504_6885007936721398556_n.jpg
124815533_2747321265535463_5192791629887187417_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great job! Could you pass along some kind of instructions as to how you did it? I would love too make one of these as I always put my full car cover over my baby when I have the top down for the warmer months. She is now in storage for the winter.

Great job Tweak! I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I did find this one that didn't seem too expensive:

I'm not so good at making these type of things by myself.

Wow, great job! Could you pass along some kind of instructions as to how you did it? I would love too make one of these as I always put my full car cover over my baby when I have the top down for the warmer months. She is now in storage for the winter.

The "build" was pretty easy. I can post a pattern with some dimensions. The total cost was around $25. I'll try and have something up in a few days.

Back