fuel tank capacity for a 63 tbird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

According to Google (carfolio) it's 20 gallons U.S.

Hi might be a fault with the gauges voltage regulator as these do cause problems. You can get modern replacement types a lot cheaper rather than the originals.

Hi might be a fault with the gauges voltage regulator as these do cause problems. You can get modern replacement types a lot cheaper rather than the originals.
Thanks i guess i'll start with the voltage regulator.

Thanks i guess i'll start with the voltage regulator.
Did it help? Mine also has the same issue. I replaced the tank, sending unit, fuel lines, pump, filter, and had the carb rebuilt. It's getting 8-9 MPG (garbage mileage IMO) but I get concerned every time it gets near E. I fill it up and it takes between 7-8 gallons. Maybe I need to put a gas can in the trunk and take it for a ride until it dies...???

Did it help? Mine also has the same issue. I replaced the tank, sending unit, fuel lines, pump, filter, and had the carb rebuilt. It's getting 8-9 MPG (garbage mileage IMO) but I get concerned every time it gets near E. I fill it up and it takes between 7-8 gallons. Maybe I need to put a gas can in the trunk and take it for a ride until it dies...???
I also get 8-9 MPG out of my '57 312. It's always been that. Carb rebuilt, full electrical tune-up and valve adjustment. The exhaust smells clean and no soot anywhere. My long block was bought by the shop that installed it from a Ford authorized rebuilder 40 yrs ago. Don't know if there was a more aggressive cam installed but goes like heck and runs great. The MPG is a non issue for me.

I also get 8-9 MPG out of my '57 312. It's always been that. Carb rebuilt, full electrical tune-up and valve adjustment. The exhaust smells clean and no soot anywhere. My long block was bought by the shop that installed it from a Ford authorized rebuilder 40 yrs ago. Don't know if there was a more aggressive cam installed but goes like heck and runs great. The MPG is a non issue for me.
I'm more worried about running out of gas somewhere on a desolate road! har har har

Back