fuel tank capacity for a 63 tbird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

According to Google (carfolio) it's 20 gallons U.S.

Hi might be a fault with the gauges voltage regulator as these do cause problems. You can get modern replacement types a lot cheaper rather than the originals.

Hi might be a fault with the gauges voltage regulator as these do cause problems. You can get modern replacement types a lot cheaper rather than the originals.
Thanks i guess i'll start with the voltage regulator.

Thanks i guess i'll start with the voltage regulator.
Did it help? Mine also has the same issue. I replaced the tank, sending unit, fuel lines, pump, filter, and had the carb rebuilt. It's getting 8-9 MPG (garbage mileage IMO) but I get concerned every time it gets near E. I fill it up and it takes between 7-8 gallons. Maybe I need to put a gas can in the trunk and take it for a ride until it dies...???

@winglover1 , you should be able to get at least 14, occasionally 16. You need to look at your carburetor adjustment and possibly driving style.

Did it help? Mine also has the same issue. I replaced the tank, sending unit, fuel lines, pump, filter, and had the carb rebuilt. It's getting 8-9 MPG (garbage mileage IMO) but I get concerned every time it gets near E. I fill it up and it takes between 7-8 gallons. Maybe I need to put a gas can in the trunk and take it for a ride until it dies...???
I also get 8-9 MPG out of my '57 312. It's always been that. Carb rebuilt, full electrical tune-up and valve adjustment. The exhaust smells clean and no soot anywhere. My long block was bought by the shop that installed it from a Ford authorized rebuilder 40 yrs ago. Don't know if there was a more aggressive cam installed but goes like heck and runs great. The MPG is a non issue for me.

I also get 8-9 MPG out of my '57 312. It's always been that. Carb rebuilt, full electrical tune-up and valve adjustment. The exhaust smells clean and no soot anywhere. My long block was bought by the shop that installed it from a Ford authorized rebuilder 40 yrs ago. Don't know if there was a more aggressive cam installed but goes like heck and runs great. The MPG is a non issue for me.
I'm more worried about running out of gas somewhere on a desolate road! har har har

Back