2002 Ford T bird Flickering headlights

A

airpirate413

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Ok folks. I have flickering head lights when headlights in the auto mode. I switched to manual mode and they stopped flickering. Went back to auto mode and same problem. Anyone else have this problem?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

airpirate413,

I don’t have that problem, but my lights come on way before dusk or when clouds block enough direct sun light. I smoke, so I’m guessing the sensor is coated, reducing the ambient light striking it and triggering the headlights. If you know where it’s located, you might try cleaning the surface to see if that helps. I’m 74, so crawling under the dash isn’t really something I do any more and I suspect that’s where it’s located. Hope this helps.

airpirate413,

I don’t have that problem, but my lights come on way before dusk or when clouds block enough direct sun light. I smoke, so I’m guessing the sensor is coated, reducing the ambient light striking it and triggering the headlights. If you know where it’s located, you might try cleaning the surface to see if that helps. I’m 74, so crawling under the dash isn’t really something I do any more and I suspect that’s where it’s located. Hope this helps.

Actually the sensor is on top the dash, middle of the same trim panel where the windshield defroster openings are .

I have the opposite problem. My headlights don't come on unless it's nearly pitch black. I wish there was a way to have them come on sooner. I have actually thought about trying to cover the sensor.

Back