Find out how rare your car is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How rare

:)Quickdraw,
Thanks for the info that you gave on my TBird.
Can you tell me any more info--like how many were made, etc? Her vin is
1FAHP60A92Y111831
Any and all info is greatly appreciated!!!!
The Caslows

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

find out how rare your ....

is there a source for build sheets for our thunderbirds i was able to get them for my buick reattas thru gm archives does such ford have such a service.--thank you for the info on my 05 cashmere

Hi Quickdraw,

We just purchased a 2004 Premium model Vin # 1FAHP60A04Y106987. It is Platinum Silver and came with the hard top. Thanks for any info you can give us!

dvhbird

I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but is your new Silver bird from NY???

2002 Premium

I recently purchased a 2002 Premium with 61K miles. It is black with all black interior, deluxe sound and heated seats.
I love the car but want to put a later model engine in it that has variable valve timing.

dvhbird,
1FAHP60A04Y106987
Date Ordered: 6/11/2003
Date Built: 1/15/2004
At Dealer: 1/28/2004
Date Sold: 3/12/2005 Sold by: Stayton Motors, Aumsville, OR
Your 2004 premium silver, silver hardtop, standard black interior, SST, 16 spoke machined wheels is one of 130.

Caslows,
1FAHP60A92Y111831
Date Ordered: 1/12/2002
Date Built: 2/21/2002
At Dealer: 2/25/2002
Date Sold: 2/25/2002 Sold by: Mullinax Ford North Canton, North Canton, OH
Your 2002 yellow, yellow hardtop, fuill yellow interior, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 1,938 made like that.

I recently purchased a 2002 Premium with 61K miles. It is black with all black interior, deluxe sound and heated seats.
I love the car but want to put a later model engine in it that has variable valve timing.

You will be far ahead to trade up to a 2003 or later with that engine. IMHO there really isn't that much difference in performance to justify the expense and headaches. Plus I'm not even sure the 2002 computer will talk to the later engine. If you put in a later computer Im not sure a =>2003 computer will talk to the rest of your 2002 car (gagues, exhaust, etc,)

Performance white or Whisper white hardtop?

Quickdraw,

I recently bought a hard top that needs repainting. The paint shop boys tell me it's Performance White (paint code WT), but I think it also could be Whisper White (W5). The car the top came off of originally was a 2003, VIN 1FAHP60A83Y100031. Is there any way to run that VIN and determine exactly which version of white hardtop I have?

thanks,
bobby

Good thinking Bobby. Hopefully Quickdraw can help you. I believe 2003 only had whisper white. The 2004 & 2005 brochures show Performance white available, which appears to be a lot whiter to me.
However, you may not know if they had bought it from after market. Once QD runs his data, he'll be able to tell if the car came with a HT and what color it would have been. But at least you now know what it should have been.

What's the color of your car?? As for your repaint, have them look up both colors for you. Then select what you want.

Last edited:
George,

My car is an 05 MSB. I already have the factory MSB hardtop, as well as a Performance White hardtop that is getting repainted a different color (a non-standard tbird color!). I just bought another white hardtop, which has a few scratches, and it needs to just be touched up. When you put the Performance White hardtop and the other one side-by-side, there is a definite difference. They ain't the same color!

-bobby

George,

My car is an 05 MSB. I already have the factory MSB hardtop, as well as a Performance White hardtop that is getting repainted a different color (a non-standard tbird color!). I just bought another white hardtop, which has a few scratches, and it needs to just be touched up. When you put the Performance White hardtop and the other one side-by-side, there is a definite difference. They ain't the same color!

-bobby

Side by side, based upon the brochures, the pure white one would be Performance and the duller white would be Whisper white - So your body shop guy's may be wrong and you're correct.

Hello, George -

What info can you give me on the Bird I purchased Monday?

'05 Bronze Deluxe, black soft top
#1FAHP60A35Y107648
One previous owner

Thanks!

- Ted

Hi Ted:
Sorry, I am not the one that can answer you. Quickdraw is the man that has that info. He does travel frequently so may not be on line all the time. But, he does respond when available.
Patience and he'll be here

Bluethunder
1FAHP60A83Y100031
Funny, that VIN was originally an all black car - both the body and top. Anyway all white Tbirds are body color Whisper White. If a whisper white body had a white hardtop then the hardtop was also whisper white.

If the body was any other color (black, blue, red, etc) with a white top then that top was Performance White. Ford felt the brighter performance white hardtop looked better on anything other than a whisper white body. So - if you are going to put this top on a white tbird, make it whisper white - otherwise make it performance white.

Since the VIN # you gave me originally had a black top we don't know what the original color of that white hardtop was (performance or whisper).

XCR440XP
1FAHP60A92Y126913
Order Date: 1/8/2002
Date Built: 9/9/2002
At Dealer: 9/13/2002
Sold Date: 9/27/2002 Sold by Union Auto, Union. IA.
Your premium 2002 red, red hardtop, full red interior, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 3,135 made like that.

Dai Uy Ted
1FAHP60A35Y107648
Order Date: 3/30/2005
Date Built: 5/6/2005
At Dealer: 5/24/2005
Sold Date: 8/20/2005 Sold by Maroone Ford Of Delray, Delray Beach, FL
Your deluxe 2005 bronze, no hardtop, standard black interior, SST, 16 spoke painted wheels is one of 27 made like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back