1955 Ford Thunderbird Holley Sniper EFI
tbird

G
I'm getting ready to do this to my wife's '57 312 and am looking for any tips, pointers, or installation details that might save some time and headache...particularly with the fuel system and the temp sensor installation. I bought the Holley "Master Kit" with external pump and filters, but I'd REALLY like to do an in tank pump set up. I can find several sources for '55 and '56 birds, but nothing for '57's. Did you do the external pump set up, or internal? I'm thinking about mounting the filters and pump on a plate, and then mounting the plate (with a rock guard) to the driver's side frame rail near the tank. For the temp sensor, I'm thinking of banging out the plug on the passenger side cylinder head and pressing in a threaded plug like the one on the driver's side for the temp gauge temp sensor. Thoughts? I'd also appreciate any additional photos or info you could share. If your fuel plumbing is any indication of the whole build, it's definitely first class! One more question: It looks like the EFI system is pretty power hungry. Did you upgrade your generator, switch to a high output alternator, or are you running stock with no issues?

Media information

Album
1955 Ford Thunderbird Restomod
Added by
tbird
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device