Zainoized my Blackbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
M
Yesterday I applied 1 coat of Z-5 and 1 coat of Z-2 as recommended by Zaino. Job took
3 hours . Very easy to apply with no streaking or powder residue when dry. The
results are SPECTACULAR!! I highly recommend this product. If you are interested contact zainobros.com

What about swirls or spiderwebbing? Any sign of either of these? Also curious as to your applicator and polishing method

me too, what about all those things that show up under flourecent light. the tiny scratches that dissapeer when outside in natural light. see my post "black scratches"

My bird is red, so I haven't noticed the "spiderweb effect", but I have bought/used Zaino and am very happy with it. Here is info about one of their products specifically for your "problem":

Z-5 POLISH FOR SWIRL MARKS & FINE SCRATCHES

FACT. The only way to remove, heavy swirl marks and scratches from a clear coated surface is to have the car professionally machine buffed with an abrasive compound. This should be the last resort, as factory clear coat is very thin and you can break thru it very easily. Also, most polishes and waxes contain abrasives, they remove some swirl marks but create new swirls. Kinda of catch-22. Z-5 is the first non-abrasive polish that will eliminate swirl marks, fine scratches and spidering, without hurting the integrity of the clear coat. It does this in stages, anywhere between 1 to 3 applications. This in itself is a major technological breakthrough. With each application of Z-5 polish, you will see the swirl marks and fine scratches gradually lessen, until the marks are no longer visible. Although this procedure may seem time consuming, the results are well worth it. This is the only way a swirl mark problem should be addressed and corrected.

Z-5 is the safest, most cost effective way of repairing the paint, so to speak. After you are satisfied with the way the paint looks. Switch to Z-2 Show Car Polish to achieve an even higher wet-looking, optically perfect paint finish.

Zaino polish applied with his applicator pad
and removed with white cotton towels as suggested on Zaino web site. The tips and
tricks page was quite helpful

I have used Zanio on my black '02 bird. I had a lot of light scratches. The swirl and scratch remover was increadable. The more you use the better it gets. Great Stuff!!

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back