Zaino on textured plastic trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the weekend I applied another coat of Z2 to the Bird. Being as careful as I could not to, I still managed to get some of the Z2 on the textured plastic around the license plate and did not notice it until it had dried. When it did it left a whiteish residue.

I just emailed Sal at Zaino and he said the following should remove the residue: Lighter fluid, isopropyl alcohol, peanut butter (yes, peanut butter) or the Z16 tire dressing.

I will give the Z16 a try first and move on from there if that does not work. I will let you know the results after I have tried this.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

RTBird:

A white plastic Staedler Mars eraser also works well for this kind of residue.

Tom M

we just got a GMC Jimmy and the dealer "waxed" it they got it all over everything, dried white wax on all the textured black plastic, ive got Mothers (or Meguires cant remember) "Back to Black" WOKES GREAT!!!!! and its easy to use, put some on a towel rub it on the plastic and let it set up a few seconds, basicly get a dry spot on your towl, and then buff it off. and if it doesnt get it all off, just re-apply it. works best on that textured stuff, but also works on any black plastic, they say it works on other color plastic but for best results use it on black.

Ive used it on both my tbirds and the jeep. no problems

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back