Yellow bug magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retrobrd

Supporting Contributor
Last seen
Here's a new one. This yellow car is an absolute bug magnet. No not a "babe magnet", bug magnet. That's why one doesn't wear a yellow shirt in the garden or on the golf course. It is driving me crazy and we aren't even in serious bug season yet. Any suggestions. I'm thinking of adding some kind of bug repellent to my wash water. Obviously nothing to hurt my paint. HELP!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Try some dryer sheets in differant area's of the car. I use them for my yellow bike and a yellow softball uniform we used to wear. If they bother you stick them in an upper pocket near your head or rear pocket. It helps alittle. Now for the car not a guess. I just think the bugs want food or company
wink.gif

I know what you mean, every time I get home I
get out the wet towel and a dry one and clean
the front of my car to remove the bug guts.
I have applied Klassie, the bug dirt cleans
off very easy, it's still a pain in the butt. The bugs stick out like a sore thumb. Get or keep the front end well waxed, that will help you get them off easily.

------------------
(2)Turbo Coupes
Yellow 2002 11528 in the shed

I was washing my white one today and had similar experience. Every bug in the neighborhood came over to stand on it.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

I agree with the bug magnet comment.
I've been living with it with my yellow 56 for the 15 years and it's now the same with
the 02. They seem to be attracted to the
bright yellow. Guess it's the price you have
to pay to have the yellow attraction getter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back