Xpel covering for sail panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd e-mailed Xpel about producing a kit that would fit on the sail panel of the Thunderbird to protect the paint from the scratches that the hardtop can cause. I've received a reply, and one is now available for about $100. The link for info and a diagram is here: http://www.xpel.com/paint/product.asp?make=Ford&image1.x=14&image1.y=10

It's about 56 1/2 inches long and 6 1/2 inches wide

I imagine it should do the trick, and wouldn't be very visible. Sounds better than the tape kit, IMO.

-

We cut and install the xpel kits. We own a Whisper White premium with complete protection. We love the product. We will offer a 10% discount and free shipping to 'bird owners. We live in the northern Ohio area and can provide installation.

I would be interested hearing about what you would charge to put the xpel membrane on my white bird..I live in Findlay, Ohio...what will it cost...I sent my tape back to ford with a strong note by registered mail to Bill Ford (CEO)..thanks..todd leslie

Originally posted by tbiddle:
We cut and install the xpel kits. We own a Whisper White premium with complete protection. We love the product. We will offer a 10% discount and free shipping to 'bird owners. We live in the northern Ohio area and can provide installation.

Tbiddle, How far do you travel to install your product? I have been looking in the Columubus area for someone I felt comfortable enoght with to install the Xpel system. Please email me at jpoole6429@******* or send private message on this forum with info.

tbiddle
Where in northern Ohio are you located? I live near Dayton and would be interested in making a short road trip to you to get the deck protection installed please email me at mikehar@erinet.com. maybe the post from Finley and columbus and I could all drive up together and have you install the system.

mike02redbird
Red/Red/Full

Originally posted by tleslie:
I would be interested hearing about what you would charge to put the xpel membrane on my white bird..I live in Findlay, Ohio...what will it cost...I sent my tape back to ford with a strong note by registered mail to Bill Ford (CEO)..thanks..todd leslie

Nice touch sending old Billy his tape back. I asked my dealer when I place my 2003 order if they made any changes to the tape. His answer was less then encouraging. Let us know if you get any response from your letter to Ford.

------------------
TBird2003
No bird yet! But got one on order.

Not sure of how hard installation is, but once you put it on, it should stay on. Prior posts from folks who've installed the nose covering kit say that it's almost invisible.

I have the x-pel on my new blue bird. I am very happy to say tbiddle installed the product at the dealer, preventing stones from chipping my baby on the way home from the dealership!! I love the product. It is almost invisible, and great protection....much better than a conventional bra. FYI....I've had nearly as many compliments on the bra as I have had on the car.

Originally posted by HeelBird:
Not sure of how hard installation is, but once you put it on, it should stay on. Prior posts from folks who've installed the nose covering kit say that it's almost invisible.
I am talking about under the hardtop not the
nose cover.

Brooklyn,

Total cost for the X-PEL kit and install is $109. In addition, we're putting bulk Scotchcal on the panels on each side of the sail panel so that there will be total coverage for "hard top rub".

Install will be done by a local firm that installs Scotchcal on Vettes, and other units. $109 is the total charge for all...

The XPEL kit was installed on our yellow bird Sat.. We did the kit plus the panels on each side of the sail panel.
It looks great! Far better than I expected. If it wears well, it will be superior to the Ford fix.

I'm most satisfied! The installer was great. Any of you in the MN,WI,IA, area Email me. He did a great job!!!

I took pictures.

To Tbiddle.
I want to purchase two of the xpel kits, for the hardtop and the doors, taking advantage of the 10% discount. I sent personal email to tbiddle, but got no reply, so thought about going this route as well. Thanks, Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back