XM Radio

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark501

Supporting Contributor
Last seen
Has anyone installed XM yet? I would like to know What kind of antenna was used and where it was mounted.

Mark

Has anyone installed XM yet? I would like to know What kind of antenna was used and where it was mounted.

Mark
I'm looking to do the same. Have a new Pioneer system but no real good place for the antenna. Guess you could mount it up on the dash. Just have the cords running in plane view. Another thought was to run the wires thought the third brake light mount and use a magnetic base antenna.

Mark
Just had a chat with the Pioneer folks about the where and maybes of installing my antenna. I've selected routing the line behind the passenger glove box then up along the seem of the trim pieces to a point by the defrost vent. Antenna lead is hidden and my antenna blends in with the black dash board. Being on the right side it will pretty much be out of sight, out of mind

I installed the factory XM system, and I left the antenna sit on top of the radio. Works great, with the occasional signal drop, when around trees. This is what I used, and with the magnetic base, it stay put on top of the radio. Neat and out of sight.

https://i.*********/jkwu6GH.jpg

I did something similar. I pulled down the trunk lid liner enough to slip the antenna inside between the trunk lid & liner. Then ran the lead with a wrap or two around the gas spring & down behind the trunk liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back