WOOOHOOO 7502 is here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom M

VIP Contributor
Last seen
Hey all:

I decided to bug my sales guy AGAIN to ask if there was any news on my car... and he said "Well, yes, it's here!"

He wasn't going to call me since the service guys had left the building and weren't going to be back until Christmas. I think management was scared I was going to bug them to get it before Christmas. Well, it turns out picking it up Dec. 26th is just fine with me, we just built a new house and we're moving so I'm tied up with that.

But of course I had to drop everything and drive over to see it.

(I need to interject a quick story here: I was originally going to get blue but the salesman told me they weren't going to make blue in 2002, so I changed to black with a red premium interior. this is a big stretch for me, I never had a black car. Plus I took a bigger chance and ordered a white hardtop. I remembered my Dad had a '58 Ford Galaxie in that color scheme and it was my favorite car. Then I read the Road & Track article where they compared a black & white 'bird to a police cruiser... and I was majorly deflated. Oh well, I figured I could always have the top painted.)

So I walked into the dealership, they were having a Christmas party in the service area, and my new car was the "centerpiece"! One glance told me I had made exactly the right decision. The car looks great!

Let me say it again WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

I knew all this hard work & clean living would pay off in the end!!!

So....

Jodrod, put #7502 down for a 12/26/01 delivery. I think that makes mine the highest delivered VIN on your list.

**********, get ready for a club application.

Wixompooh, Supercrew, et al - thanks your efforts are greatly appreciated.

South East PA - put your sunglasses on, Tom's grin is going to be hard to take!

Tom M

(OK take a breath Tom)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tom, if you get up around Reading ride around the Berkshire mall so I can see you. Sounds like a great combination! Congrats. Joy

Contratulations!!!!!

I'm still waiting, but I love hearing about new arrivals. It's a far cry from the early days when we were facing factory delays.

In fact this weekend my dealer had 4 TBirds in the lot at the same time!

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
# 9476 - No delivery date yet...

Thanks everyone!

I'm in the middle of moving now, so this has to be fast, but Merry Christmas to all!

Tom M

PS Joe, you're about 2,000 VINs behind me, at about 150 per day you should see yours within a month or so right?

Assuming they continue at the pace they are at, I think I'll see mine by the end of January.

I'm #7 at my dealer and they have already delivered 6.... so hopefully I'm next!

According to the 800#, as of 12/13 my build date is 1/14... but those estimates have a tendency of being off... sometimes way off.

I checked the status of the #6 at my dealer (which I know was delivered 4 days ago), and the system said it was "locked in" and ready to ship in February.

My dealer has said that each TBird delivery he has received so far came way ahead of schedule and almost without warning. I hope it stays that way.

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
# 9476 - No delivery date yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back