Windshield Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
In bright sunlight, my 5'2" wife complains about a reflection on the inside of the windshield from the vent strip on top of the dash just under the windshield.

It seems the reflection is exactly in her line of sight.

Anyone else notice this?

------------------
Chuck

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

tongue.gif
Get her a pillow.
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Me too. I have ordered a dash cover from www.saddleman.com. I have one on my 95 bird and it solves the problem nicely. It doesn't look too great, but the reflections are hard on the eyes and dangerous at times. I should be receiving it in a week or two and will report on its effectiveness and looks.

The dash cover will not cover any vent holes in the dash, so there will still be some reflections from that strip. However, it greatly reduces the glare from the rest of the windshield---at least on my old car. We shall see...

I received my dash cover from Saddleman.com and have mixed feelings. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this kind of cover solved my reflection problems with my 95 bird but doesn't look too great.

The new one (black) helps the reflection problem about 75% (not as good as the old one), doesn't look to great (as before) but also doesn't fit as well as the old one. It seems a little small--ie. the side window vents don't line up exactly with the holes in the cover. I'm hoping that it will stretch out. There are holes in the cover for the defroster vents, the alarm light and the sensor next to the alarm light. These line up OK.

On balance, I think I'll keep it for the anti-reflective help and it does save the dash from heat damage and keeps the interior slightly cooler in the summer.

Does anyone else have any experience with dash covers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back