Window Tinting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anybody here has had their windows tinted. I am considering getting my windows tinted as dark as possible on my blue Bird---I think it would be really sharp. I would be curious to see if anybody else has done this. If you have, please post a picture, especially if you have a blue car. Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have an appointment on Saturday to get my windows tinted. The gal said there were several cars that had drop windows and there were work arounds. Before I let them frig up the glass by forcing the doors shut without the drop feature does anyone know what the proper technique is?

------------------
Bob - 106496

I would not disable the drop window just for the sake of the window tint. Drop the car off in the morning and pick it up a the end of the day or the next day. The shop can store the car indoors.

Got the windows tinted this morning. 45 minutes and they had the side windows, back window and portholes. I go back next Saturday to get the back glass in the convertible top. Alta Mere on Grapevine Highway. Great job and folks.
-
Here's the deal on the drop function.
When you open the doors the windows go down 1/2 inch. You cannot get them to go up without shutting the door.
If you shut the door to work from inside, there is too much molding in the way.
-
Here's the trick.
-
With the door open, take a screw driver and flip the latch in the door all the way until it clics.
-
The glass rolls up automatically, because it senses the door is shut.
-
When they installed the film, they dried real good so as not to have a problem with the up and down 1/2 inch.
-
Lift up on the door handle and the latch is released.
-
You're back in busines without disabling the drop function and possibly breaking something.
-
More good news.
-
Alta Mere actually has a computerized template to cut the film. No razor blades to slip and trim our molding for us.
-
If you are even thinking about the window tint, go for it. It makes the car look awesome.

------------------
Bob - 106496

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back