Window memory tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
R
My wife and I took the T-Bird on a 200 mile ride. When we go to our destination, she got out and her window didn't drop down to break the seal. She tried to shut the door and that wasn't working until I dropped the window manually. So, I made an appointment at the dealer, which took about 30 seconds to correct. The mechanic came and ran the window down and held the button for about 5 second and then did the same going up. He told me the window lost its memory. I went over and lifted the handle and the window dropped, as normal. That was the fix, they still wrote up a warranty order, which I signed. Just thought I'd pass this quick fix along to other owners. Have a good day :cool:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

All that and more is in the owners manual. Check out the manual for all the cool radio tricks (display, speed sensitive volume, etc). It's well worth reading.

QuickD You are correct. Lot's of stuff in that manual :cool: :cool:

Heres some neat stuff some of which is NOT in the owners manual:

Radio Diagnostics:

Speaker Test:
While in AM/FM mode, simultaneously press 3 & 6. This begins a speaker test - each individual speaker will sound while the speaker name is displayed.

Signal Strength Test:
While in AM/FM mode begin the speaker test by simultaneously pressing 3 and 6 then interrupt the speaker test by pressing button 3 by itself. The signal strength for the station being played will display. Two identical cars in close proximity should yield very close to the same reading. If one radio experiences a much lower signal strength than the other, and has been experiencing poor radio reception, it should be brought to the attention of a dealer.

Speed Sensitive Volume Control:
While listening to AM/FM press the round radio knob for five seconds then select (SEL) a number from 0 to 7. The higher the number the more the volume will increase at any given speed.

Radio Self Test:
While listening to AM/FM press 3 & 6 to begin the speaker test, interrupt this test by pressing #1. The radio will go into SELF TEST mode but (all 2002s at least) will FAIL with error codes most of which are not applicable to the six CD changer. Sorry, I don’t know if the 03s or 04s pass this SELF TEST or yield extraneous error codes.

Viewing Error Codes:
To view the error codes after the SELF TEST is finished press DISC/TUNE. It appears only error code B1342, B2404, and B2477 apply to this specific radio system. Refer to the shop manual for error code explanations or ask here.

My wife and I took the T-Bird on a 200 mile ride. When we go to our destination, she got out and her window didn't drop down to break the seal. She tried to shut the door and that wasn't working until I dropped the window manually. So, I made an appointment at the dealer, which took about 30 seconds to correct. The mechanic came and ran the window down and held the button for about 5 second and then did the same going up. He told me the window lost its memory. I went over and lifted the handle and the window dropped, as normal. That was the fix, they still wrote up a warranty order, which I signed. Just thought I'd pass this quick fix along to other owners. Have a good day :cool:
This may be an old thread, but you saved my bacon. Due to a battery replacement my 03 T-bird drivers window had the same issue as you described. I certainly appreciate that you took the time to document the solution. You were spot on for the fix and you saved me a lot of hassle. Thanks again redmarkvr!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back