Window going down & not back up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was washing my Bird and noticed that the passenger window (when I open the door) is going down and not back up when I shut the door. I opened and closed it several times. When it got about half way down, I turned on the ignition and raised it all the way.
I opened and closed the door a few more times. It is still doing the same thing. The driver's side is operating fine.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

glass drop out of sequence

Sophie,

It sounds as if your glass drop is out of sequence. Mine has had an issue twice where the glass would not drop the 10 mm, but I have never seen it go down and not come back up. The instructions to correct this issue are in your owners manual and it is a very easy fix.

Good Luck!

Flair

To re-calibrate the window rise its as simple as holding down the UP switch for about two seconds after it reaches the top. If the window doesn't drop when the door opens you recalibrate this by holding the DOWN button for an extra two seconds after it bottoms out.

Never mind Sophia, you out drew me....:D

glad the fix worked as advertised...

Sophie,

I took mine to the dealership the first time it happened...then I read how they fixed it here in another thread....nobody at the dealership ever explained the fix to me. This fourm has always been a great help.

Todd

Don't feel too bad, I even read the owner's guide. Actually I skipped a few sections "I THOUGHT I DIDN'T NEED", like instructions to roll the windows up and down.
At least I didn't have to go to the dealer, my question was answered here, and very fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back