Window doesn't drop on open/close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drivers side window (2002) no longer goes down and back up on open and close of door to clear the weather seals. Anyone had and resolved this issue?

This happens occasionally to my car. If you look in the owners manual it states that you should bring the window all the way up, then all the way down, holding the switch, and it will re-program itself. This works. I have done it several times.

This happens occasionally to my car. If you look in the owners manual it states that you should bring the window all the way up, then all the way down, holding the switch, and it will re-program itself. This works. I have done it several times.
Thank you for the insight. I had disconnected the positive cable to reset a dash issue and the small window drop no longer worked. I tried this and my problem went away.

After reading a post about a problem with my windows dropping upon opening the doors but not returning to the up position when closing I found a simple solution that saved me a dealer trip and a lot of repair expense. A simple reprogramming was all it took. Thanks

Anytime you disconnect the battery, calibrating the windows is a good idea, the Owner's Manual also has the procedure for initial recalibration of the engine parameters....this will take place eventually as you drive, but doing it yourself will get things dialed in sooner.

Actually you have to run the window all the way up (with soft top up or hardtop on) and continue to hold the up button for 4 seconds. Then run the window all the way down and continue to hold the button for 4 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back