Wind Noise With Soft Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my bird this week and took the hard top off last night. Today I noticed a slight wind noise near the back of the driver's window with the soft top up. I did not notice it with the hard top on. Anyone else experienced this? Is there a simple fix or is this one to let the dealer worry about?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've got the same problem with the soft top, drivers side, just behind left ear. Dealer first tried adjustng the window....didn't work. He ordered new weatherstripping for soft top. Still waiting for parts to come in. I'll keep ya posted on an outcome.
PS- Just finished my first long distance road trip with the 'bird. What an amazing vehicle! A pleasure to drive...even with a little wind noise!

-

This will become increasingly worse, in my experience. Very much worse. My dealer adjusted the window motion as far as it would go, but then gave up. He said he would "talk to the Ford man."

I tried to explain to the Service Writer that you could look at the window and see where it was not sealing--there's a visible leak there, a gap. You don't need "The Ford Man" to see that.

The dealer said he would "talk to the Ford Man."

Apparently the "Ford Man" is some great deity somewhere that the common folk ("buyers") can't see.

So my question is, "Does anyone know where the 'Ford Man' is and how to contact him?"

-

I have the same wind noise behind the left ear/drivers side. Have not taken it to the dealer yet and am dreading the "let me call the ford man scenario".

That is exactly the position of the wind noise that I hear. Behind my left ear. In looking at the weather stripping on the soft top, there are two pieces of stripping that come together there when the top is up and separate when the top is lowered. Seems like a good place to begin "the search."

Simply by holding a low pressure stream of water (from a garden hose) at the site of the wind leak, it's obvious by the water intrusion that there is a deformity in the three-piece weatherstripping on the soft top. (manufacturing defect) After pointing this out to my service tech, and comparing the same section of rubber to the passenger side, he ordered a new set of drivers side weatherstripping. I think this is a common problem, judging from the responses here. Let's keep each other informed on solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back