Jimmy posted to check the tires. I finally
got around to it last weekend.

1 - over 50
2 - 45
1 - 40

Set all to 35.

The car seems to ride quieter and softer
now !!!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

rolleyes.gif
whvt01, All the tires, front and back should be set at 30 psi. This is what Ford calls for. They are over inflated for shipping and the dealer SHOULD check them before they give you the car but not all do this. Mine didn't but I checked them on the first week the Bird was in the nest.This is listed on the drivers side door jam.
cool.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Chief, isn't that what I said.
rolleyes.gif
Guess I'm quicker on the submit button then you are.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

30 is on the door. But I run around 35 in
all the other cars and truck. Found that
30 is too soft.

But the one tire that almost max out the
gauge, got me !!!!!

Believe the tire said 44 max, so they were
pushing it.

whvt01,

For what it is worth I agree with the 35psi. I'm running 34. You'll get better gas mileage and your tires will last longer. You'll only sacrifice a little in ride quality.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

biggrin.gif
Chief, Sorry, but I did give you smiles, you know what they say about people that can't take a joke, but I wouldn't say that.
eek.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

While we're on the subject of tires, let's talk about wheels. What's so amazing about the T-bird having 17" wheels? We just bought hubby a Z28 Camaro and it has 16" wheels. Guys don't ask to see under the hood - they want to talk about the wheels. Why?
(I also gotta say, the Camaro has a V-8 and more growl from the engine, but it will never replace my T-bird!)

biggrin.gif
Kirsti, don't know about the wheel thing but the bird has a lot more class then any GM product. And I own a 69 Vette.
eek.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

Status
Not open for further replies.