Why no signatures ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
I just found this site today, when I heard about a accident between a PT Cruiser and a T-Bird..

I was jsut wondering why none of you, that I have seen so far have any signatures behind your post. Considering you have some really sharp new birds, I think you should have some photos of your car or what ever so people can see them.

True on the PT Enthusiast site we go nuts sometimes with signatures. But we are crazy about our cars. Just as you must be about yours. I know I would be if I could get one for my wife !

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I really like the signatures, but I don't know how many this applies to. If your like me and still use dial up the signatures make it seem like forever to bring up each new thread. I'm glad we don't use the signatures for that reason. Without the signatures I can zip through the threads pretty quick. For those of you on cable or wireless it doesn't slow you down a bit.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

You apparently haven't read any of the posts I leave-I always leave my signature behind!

------------------
**********, **************************

I have to agree with Lon about speed of downloads to read the content. I have to live with a 28K modem whether I like it or not - phone system in my area won't handle it any faster and cable payments will interfer with car payments when our new 'bird comes in. Most of us on this forum that use a signature, use the simple text signatures and leave off the graphics. Meanwhile, I'm building my own graphics for a signature but not on any time frame to get it done and definitely won't use it much when it's done. Maybe a couple years down the road you'll see more color on this forum but for now it's mostly just the littl smileys.
smile.gif

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/26 the New T-bird

-

We are curently restoring a 1956 t-bird at where I work. Peter B's Automotive located in Urbana, Illinois.
It is black with a white top, opera windows. So far we are almost done with the (frame) off part of the restoration. The frame has been sand blasted and painted oe black. All part that show any signs of wear are being replaced. A lot of the parts have been from a place I believe is located in California. The body is sitting on a custom made support stand that can be rotated 270 degrees, to make it easier to work on. The owner of the shop Peter Alexander has been documenting the restoration by photographing and video taping the process..

It will be at the Parkland College Car Show located in Champaign, Illinois. As a uncompleted entry. If you would like to see it or any other cars more info is available on my site www.ptcoc.com look under the events and cruises section...

-

Spidey-

Looks like the wife and I will be there-it's a Saturday, and about a three hour drive for us.

I'll bring info about "Thunder on 66" with me.

------------------
**********, **************************

-

How about this one also

Those of you searching for the spirit of adventure will find it at the International Route 66 Mother Road Festival, September 27-29, 2002 in Springfield, Illinois.

This premiere annual event will be attended by thousands of people from around the world and feature hundreds of classic vehicles, live entertainment and celebrities, dozens of food booths, one-of-a kind exhibits, the world’s largest sock hop, and more. This event is the largest festival of it’s kind in the world - a Route 66 Mecca.

More Information at http://www.route66fest.com/

Spiderman,

If you would like to get a TBird for your wife, post a picture, maybe someone will trade
wink.gif

When is the Parkland College Car Show?

I get my bird next week. I would like to start hitting as many shows as I can
smile.gif

------------------

One signature on a thread does not take long to load on dial up. But a few months back I got on to the Prowler Forum that DavidN posted the URL for. One thread had approximately 40 posts with a picture signature on every one of the posts. It took about 3 to 4 minutes to load that thread on dial up.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

My vote is keep it simple, even with a cable modem, I have to scroll down forever to go past some of those cute pictures. Nice, but no thanks. (another just my opinion).

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

I think spiderman understands the problem.
I also tried out one of the subjects on the PTCruiser forum - the Toys and Memorabilia - After 5 minutes of downloading 1 of the topics under that forum, had to quit & only 48% of the page had downloaded. Half of that page was devoted to new diecast model pictures which I was thrilled to see that kind of interest but it's also why I'd rather have picture links for each model. Another big portion of the downloads were for all the signatures.

Spiderman, Most of those on this board that have their car have either emailed their photos of their cars to me for inclusion on 1 of my webpages or have uploaded them to the newtbirddata photo section. It's working for us so far.

-

Originally posted by Spiderman:
I just found this site today, when I heard about a accident between a PT Cruiser and a T-Bird..

-

The reason there are no signatures is because after looking at one thread with 10 pictures of a kid on a mini prowler go cart we decided there would be none, and if any they would be occasional. I could stand looking at the same ad sized banner graphic pictures on the same forum (and thread) over and over and over. It looked cool the first time, but got old real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back