Why did you buy your Thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a 68 year old geezer who was training to be an AF Jet Fighter Pilot in the late 50s. (That was hot stuff back then.)I fell in love with the 56-57 birds but was too tight to buy one.

But now, I can buy what I want, and I did!!!!
We love it....there are only about 6 or so yellow birds in Minnesota.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Little different from your guy's Bird's but I bought mine because I fell in love with them too, got my first one when I was 16, and I have picked up another one since (20 now) which is a '91 Sport (pretty rare in itself) and is powered by the old 5.0L.

http://members.*********/okcbird/images/sport_97lights4.jpg

http://members.*********/okcbird/images/leatherdone.jpg

Hope I can be welcome here as another Thunderbird owner in our great heritage.

-J. Turmel

------------------
1991 Ford Thunderbird 5.0

I first saw the new Tbird on the freeway. I caught a glimpse of a porthole window and knew right away that I needed to do a web search for info on the new models. Since then I have pretty much pestered my wife with every bit of new info I have managed to find. Saturday we finally made our purchase: '02 Red with Red top. Looks good, feels good. My mother enjoyed being driven around for her birthday.
My love for the Thunderbird started because my grandfather had 2 white birds and 1 black bird (57's and 55 I think). I have to get some pix to send to him so he can see what he drove me into doing. :)
At 34 I think I am the third youngest here with a '02?

I too am 34 years old, but I read somewhere else of younger people (25+/-) buying the T-Bird.

I love Ford cars. I have owned a Mustang GT, 5.0 LX Convertible, Bronco, 97 T-Bird, and currently the 02 T-Bird (Yellow) and 1985 Mustang GT Convertible.

I was really waiting for Ford to offer the Mustang on the DEW98 Platform, but when the T-Bird was made available on it, it just made sense to buy it because noone really enjoyed riding in the back seat of the Mustang anyway.

I always loved the T-Bird over the years and remember the Red one from the TV show Vegas. I planned to one day buy a 55-57 and the 02 is as close as it gets and really better since I not only get an instant classic, but a reliable daily driver. I drive mine everyday and did not get the hard top because I knew it would never be on the car. I had the top down yesturday (1-14-3) on my way home. The advantages of living in Texas. It was 60+ degrees yesturday. It was in the 70's last week. It does get colder (40's today), but we always have warm days year round.

In direct answer to your question:
1. Great looks from car and from people.
2. Great engine.
3. Convertible, I love them.
4. FORD
5. It is safer than the Honda Interceptor VFR800FXI motorcycle it replaced. My wife really pushed this issue since I routinely road wheelies and tried to increase my land speed records (168 mph speedo reading).

I know alot of these cars have been sold, but I rarely see any driving down the road. Maybe one every couple weeks. Most are kept in garages and drive on the weekend. I still get people coming up to me to see the car and they have been out since summer of 01. Since I love talking cars this fits my personality perfectly.

Well I know your report was do in November, I just wanted to add to this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back