Whitewalls/wire wheels (Coker??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am going to call Coker re white walls - and understand they do a repro wheel that is like the originals from the '55s.. Has anyone seen them/done this??

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've heard of a number of people sending the current wheels to a company that will add a white wall to the tire. If you're interested I could try to get you a name

re whitewalls/Coker tires

hi brad...... thanks for the reply! YEARS ago they made just the whitewall part of the tire that you could buy and install yourself - don't know if they still do that or not. I don't really want to send the tires off someplace...... Going to check with Coker. THanks anyway...... ray

First of all, if you want an inexpensive way out, the place that you can send them to Diamond Back Tire and is at www.widewhitewalltires.com. Cost two years ago was $85.00 each. I believe they are in the Carolinas if I remember correctly. These are white walls that are vulcanized to your tires. I know someone that has in excess of 20,000 miles on them and still very happy.
Other places you could try are Vouge Tyres or world class wheels
Good luck

Ray if you do find those whitewall insert things, DO NOT buy them. Years ago I bought them for my 55 chevy. they basically just sit under the rim, and look so so when you put them on, but in a real short time they end up looking like total crap, and they you're out the money to mount AND unmount them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back