when you bought your T-bird new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have always loved these cars, yet I have never been able to find any info. on a factory promotion which I recieved on the day the car was unveiled in Canada. It is a silver box containing a diecast of the car,a book, and a computer disk. My question is... did everyone who bought a new Thunderbird in 2002 recieve one of these packages?
Any info. would be appriciated.
thanks
Jeff

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have always loved these cars, yet I have never been able to find any info. on a factory promotion which I recieved on the day the car was unveiled in Canada. It is a silver box containing a diecast of the car,a book, and a computer disk. My question is... did everyone who bought a new Thunderbird in 2002 recieve one of these packages?
thanks
Jeff

USA buyers generally didn't get that however, for those who ordered early there was a five box set called "Manage the Wait" - Ford sent a book every couple of months because some people waited a over year for their cars. I don't know about Canada however. Those five box sets show up on ebay and go for about $250 a set. One of the boxes does have a die cast.

thanks
Jeff

Tbird expert mike biddle has this to say:
=================================
The item jascharger received is the press promo that was given out at the 2001 detroit auto show. It contains a 1/43 scale model. It may have also been available to Ford Canada for promotions. His is the first I've heard of that box showing up in Canadian promotions. It sound's like he didn't receive it with his car but when he attended the unveiling of the car in Canada in 2001. (he may not remember the exact year he received it)

2002 Goodies

When I first visited the dealer, I was shown a coffee table type book on the new T-Bird that included a see-thru ******** on the cover. It had mysteriously dissappeared when I when back a few weeks later to buy. You may want to do a little research on the early Neiman Marcus edition- I think they included a few extra trinkets like you're talking about.

?

I guess the word for the little round window on the top is not allowed????

I guess the word for the little round window on the top is not allowed????

Right, thats the first part of a name of another Thunderbird site that this guy doesn't like.... you could google that word and "Thunderbird" to find it however...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back