When to Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting ready to Zaino my Bird, and I have 2 questions:

1. I have had the car six months, it has about 9000 miles. Is it too early to rewax?

2. Will claying the car hurt the clearcoat?

Thanks

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

BotNew56,

I just did another coat of Z2 this past weekend, that was about 7 weeks between applications. The second time around is a lot easier.

The claybar will not hurt but help. It removes all the small particles/water spots/bug splats that are on the paint.

You have to constantly strech and fold the claybar, always keeping a fresh surface to rub on the car. Be careful, they suggest using the Z7 car wash as a lubricant, and the claybar gets quite slippery. If you drop it, I almost did several times, it will pick up dirt/sand and this can cause problems, you can not wash the particles off the bar.

I found the bar is good for one use but they supply two. I did not use it for the second application and during coating it appeared that it was not needed, it definately was the first time around.

See my post Zaino on textured plastic trim. I tried to careful and not get any Z2 on the plastic but **it happens.

BotNew56,

I just did another coat of Z2 this past weekend, that was about 7 weeks between applications. The second time around is a lot easier.

The claybar will not hurt but help. It removes all the small particles/water spots/bug splats that are on the paint.

You have to constantly strech and fold the claybar, always keeping a fresh surface to rub on the car. Be careful, they suggest using the Z7 car wash as a lubricant, and the claybar gets quite slippery. If you drop it, I almost did several times, it will pick up dirt/sand and this can cause problems, you can not wash the particles off the bar.

I found the bar is good for one use but they supply two. I did not use it for the second application and during coating it appeared that it was not needed, it definately was the first time around.

See my post Zaino on textured plastic trim. I tried to careful and not get any Z2 on the plastic but **it happens.
Anybody used the "Formula 11" product on their vehicles? What have been the results, recommendations?

Anybody used the "Formula 11" product on their vehicles? What have been the results, recommendations?
Seems similar to Chemical Guy's Jet Seal which I have used on all my cars. Jet Seal lasts a year. I did a paint correction then a glaze seal and wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back