What to do with #5 plaque? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

What to do with #5 plaque?

• Thread starter Thread starter sixbits75
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S
I received my No. 5 mailing months ago and then ordered and received the plaque. Its sitting in one of the cup holders. I can't find a good place to mount it in the bird. Any suggestions?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sixbits, I feel your pain. I have had my #5 plaque for months, and I haven't been able to figure out where to put it, either, so it's been sitting in the glove department, useless!

There's no way I'm putting it inside the black book, despite the fact that it was made to go there.

I've thought about mounting it in the back of the storage area behind the seats, above the Thunderbird wings; on the aluminum on the driver's side door; or on the aluminum on the dash in front of the passenger. But the aluminum trim is slightly curved, which presents a problem.

So it sits in the darned glove compartment!

-

anyone have a pic of this thing, id just like to see what yer talking about.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

Vic,

Here's a (fairly bad) picture of it:

plate_small2%20b&w.jpg

-- Paula

-

hey thanks, that thing is kinda cool. we have one of them things for the '66 bird when my mom got it new way back then.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

If you want to be eligible for this year's Darwin Awards, it fits nicely on the steering wheel, right above the word "Airbag." (my son pointed this out.)

If you don't plan on turning your passenger seat belt off, it fits nicely over the on/off
keyswitch and warning light.

Has everyone received their 5th mailing? I never received mine. I tried the toll free number but there is no answer. I called Ford customer service but they have never heard of the program. They're suppose to get back to me in 5 days. Help, any suggestions.

No fifth mailing as of 10-31-02. Have one thru four, receiving the 4th about four months ago. Took delivery 10-9-01.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

raycunn,

I think your idea about putting the plaque over the passenger airbag switch is great! I don't see any reason why I would ever have to turn off the airbag; I don't ever have small children riding in my car.

Gosh, I've had my plaque sitting in my glove compartment for MONTHS, because I couldn't make up my mind where to put the thing. But by jove, I think you've got it!

-- Paula

Wunderland;
I'm interested in purchasing the set. I have seen them on ebay. I never bid since I was trying to contact Ford as I never recieved ANY of my mailings! I understood if it was ordered by me I was to recieve it....Long story short, I gave up on trying to contact them. The last time the phone was disconnected! Let me know what you decide to do.
Lee F
Minnesota
Green 94 V8
Black 95 V8
Black 02

Finally received my #5 mailing yesterday, Christmas Eve about 4:20 PM. Have not opened yet. Decided to put under the tree and open later this morning after everyone else is up.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back