Way Ahead of Schedule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dealership is less than a mile from my house and I make it a point to look in their lot every time I drive by it (everyone knows me over there now).

I've noticed that every time they have had a TBird delivery, they have been WAY AHEAD of schedule. In fact, they told me every time one shows up they are caught off guard and didn't expect the delivery.

When I recently learned about the 800#, I started checking the status of the order number of not only car, but the other ones my dealer has placed (their numbers are T001 - T030... mine is T007).

What I found is that the 800# is USELESS. According to the 800#, several of the cars that the system says will be BUILT nearly a month from now have not only already been built... but shipped and delivered.

With that in mind, I can't tell you the heart stopping thrill I just had when I drove by my dealer 10 minutes ago and saw MY CAR sitting in the parking lot! The only problem is... my dealer is closed on Sundays!

I've been tracking my car by ORDER NUMBER, and according to their system will not be built for weeks. Shucks! Their system is wrong!

I'll be up at the crack of dawn making sure I get any paperwork and dealer prep out of the way ASAP... I can't wait to drive my TBIRD!

PS: Another interesting surprise... my dealer must be dyslexic, he told me my VIN number was 9476, but the car in his lot says "7496"... but it has my order number so it better be mine!

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
# 9476 - No delivery date yet...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Drats! It was tagged wrong... it wasn't my car! It belongs to a football player with the NY Giants.

Meanwhile my dealer's been surprised by every delivery to date... always ahead of the promised date by 2-3 weeks.

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
Waiting for #9476

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back