WATER BLADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have used a California Water Blade for the past 3 years on various cars. I think that it is one of the best inventions for getting a lot of water off of the car quickly, without scratches.

Just make sure the blade is clean and NEVER use it to get rain water off the car.

I put a nice scratch in my wife's new Taurus by doing that and I guess dirt on the car got stuck in the blade and scratched the paint.

confused.gif
I have the blade but was afraid to use it on the Bird. Do you wipe it every time you make a pass with it to clean off any dirt it may have picked up. This has been my main concern with it.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

I use the water blade on all my cars but I do wipe it off after each pass across the car.

I do want to try using a leaf blower, I hear that works well.

Tom M

I have used a leaf blower on my wire wheels on my '57, works great for that. I don't think it would hurt the reat of the car, they use strong blowers at most car washes

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

I now use the California Water Blade on my T-Bird and I've had no scratches.

I use it to get the majority of the heavy water off after a washing, then use towels to get the remainder.

flybrd, she has something against those. I think it is a personal problem there.
biggrin.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

All right, you smart-alecks.
smile.gif
I admit to having an irrational personal problem with the chamois. Basically, I am just too uncoordinated to use it. But I did follow the advice of you folks on this board and bought both the California water blade and the lint-free towels. So now I can claim to have a much more carefree car-drying experience!

pbocciardi,
biggrin.gif
I was just kidding on that remark, so don't take it personally. Just something that I heard a few months back. Besides that if you don't like it then KISS OFF
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

Paula, If you time it right you can wash your car and just park it in the driveway. Now this is where the timing is critical. you want to park there just as the ground starts shaking so your car will shake all the water off itself. Just kidding, glad nobody was hurt in the recent quake.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Ha ha ha ha ha! That's a great idea, Lon!

I gotta tell you, (almost) the first thing I worried about when the tremor started was the safety of that little 'Bird below me in the garage (I have a full garage under the house at ground-floor level). One of my friends suggested that I wall in my car with a solid steel "panic room" for complete earthquake protection!

I use the water blade on the T-bird and the Mustang...I think it's a great method. It was my brother that told me about the blade and after seeing him demonstrate it, I was sold! He owns an award winning 96 Cobra Mystic. I definately recommend one....and you might want to shop around for the best price...anywhere from $19.00 to $35.00 cdn. between B.C. and Alberta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back