wanted - Thunderbird interior for a modified '55

F

fordrodsteven

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi All,
I am currently deep into a project (modified 1955 Thunderbird) and there is plenty of time for this deal to happen. No rush... I'm just putting it out there. Right now my body is off the rusted '55 frame and I will be putting it onto a '56 frame. I need to make the mods to put in the drive train. I have a 302 w/ auto transmission (from a 1980 bird) that is the planned drivetrain at this moment. I have made a few small modifications to the dash. I plan to mostly keep the body looking original.

The reason I am here is to see if I can purchase or trade for some parts. I would like to get bucket seats, console and steering column (column shift with tilt) from another later year Thunderbird. (1958 through 1980) Hoping for black vinyl or leather seats in decent condition. Power or manual is not important. Condition is not super important though because I can recover seats if necessary but would expect price to reflect condition.

If anyone has something, a full parts car or just the interior parts I'm open to discussion. I'm on a retirement income so I might have to take a week or so to come up with the cash once a deal is made. I can also trade a running, insured, registered and inspected 1988 Buick Reatta. It is a 30 year old car and the body is not perfect but also not very bad. No rips or tears in the leather interior. It does need a new air compressor for the AC.
The only other thing for me is that I don't want to pay a lot for shipping (large parts). Hoping to find success within 300 miles of Boston, MA.
Thanks in advance
Steve

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Steve,
Like you I will be looking for bucket seats ,console and steering column. Also not in a big hurry as I only have lots plans right now for my basket case 55 and also on retirement income.
Appears you have done the research as to what is the best fit for a 55.

Thank you

I was talking with the guys in the Thunderbird club this morning. One of them says he has seen seats from mid 60's Mustangs used frequently. He said that in '68 the Mustang seat bases were changed and were more flat than the earlier years. Another one of the guys said seats from a 64-66 Thunderbird should fit fine. He also said that the Galaxie XL bucket seats are the same.

I found a set of bucket sets from a mid-sixties Thunderbird that I'm going to use. I'll figure out what I want to do for a steering column and probably build my own custom console.

I have a nice ste of black 1967 bucket seats, and a nice tilt column if you are interested.

I already made a deal for some bucket seats locally. Is the column tilt up or tilt to the side? Is there an ignition switch on the column or is it a smooth column where the ignition switch would be on the dash? I'm located in Northeastern Massachusetts. Would I be able to pick up this column if we come up with an agreement? Are you within, say, 100 miles of Boston, MA?

It is a tilt up column,and im in albany ny. I also have a thunderbird posi rear.

Thanks

Tom

I've sent you a message and got no response so I'll ask here.... How much $ are you asking for the column?

I never got a messagwe. Sorry the email is engnrdodg@*******.. but im thinkin 250.00 that includes the steering wheel. Thanks

I never got a messagwe. Sorry the email is engnrdodg@*******.. but im thinkin 250.00 that includes the steering wheel. Thanks
Thanks for the reply. At this time I think I'll pass on $250.00

Back