Want to add fog lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
jayjoyrush

jayjoyrush

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello, I just bought my wife a 2004 t-bird and would like to add fog lights. I see there are some after market suppliers, but would like to know if others have done this and what are my options. The usedcar salesman at the Ford dealer said the car is already wired for the lights, but I have looked and cannot see any wiring in the area where the lights go.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

jayjoy:
First the "fog lights" you mentioned were referred to as "Supplimental lights" by Ford. TBirds sold in Canada did not have them. Here's some info I picked up a while back and saved it in case someone asked:

"Supplemental Parking Lamp---1W62 13200 AA (app. $74.15/each) and for its wiring harness 1W6Z-15A434-AA. for 2002-2003
2004-2005 wiring harness: 4W6Z-15A434-AA

Service Message on Parking Lamps
17793 2002-2005 Thunderbird - Supplement Parking Lamp Installation:
If a customer wishes to have supplemental parking lamps installed on a 2002-2005 Thunderbird, order wire harness part number:
# 1W6Z-15A434-AA for the 2002-2003 Thunderbird
OR
# 4W6Z-15A434-AA for the 2004 to 2005 Thunderbird
plus 2 lamp assemblies (1W6Z-13200-AA).

To install, First remove the front fascia and remove the existing wire harness at C133. Install the new wire harness, remove the lamp opening inserts from the front fascia, and install the new lamp assemblies. Reinstall the front fascia. Verify that Fuse 1.03 is installed in the under hood fuse panel. Refer to workshop manual (Section 501-00) ad wiring diagram manual (Section 92) for additional information. NOTE: Installation of the supplemental parking lamps violates Canadian vehicle lighting laws
Dated: 5/14/2004
--------
The wiring harness needed, plugs into the existing wiring harness. There are hints here for finding that plug in if you have trouble, otherwise ask here. A number of Canadians have done the install - some by their dealer or by themselves."

But, before doing anything, you should verify and confirm since I do not recall how old the data above is, but will try to find more for you, if I can.
EDIT: BTW, I just sent you a PM
A dealer installed one owners for $400.

Last edited:
It did come through and I emailed the info, hope you got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back