VIN location 61 Tbird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Pep

Pep

Pep
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Apart from the VIN plate, is there any other location that has it stamped. My VIN plate is gone and was allocated a new number many years ago by the Queensland police ( Australia). They do that after they have examined the car and appropriate paperwork is supplied to verify its legality. If there is no other location, I will just have a new VIN made with the new ID. Thanks in advance

if you go to the thunderbird registry they have sketches showing where VIN numbers are located on the different years of Thunderbirds. It looks like the numbers for a '61 are in three different locations. One is on the top of the radiator support right above the passenger side headlight. Another is above and a little right of where the heater hoses go through the firewall and the third is above that location on the top flat surface of the firewall / cowl.

Thanks for that, mines been re painted and no sign of any numbers. I have a friend with a stock 61, I’ll check his out next time I see him. I’ll measure the exact locations and see if mine is there but hidden

I just went to the registry and it appears the number is under the cowl vent cover, is that correct because if it is then I would tather scrape paint there than the other visible spots

Just confirm if anyone else is interested the answer is yes but you can't see it through the vents, you have to remove the cowl vent cover. Now I have the original number I have asked the Tbird Registry if it's possible to obtain all other details like paint, trim etc. I can then get a new VIN plate made.

I noticed today that mine had the vin stamped on the body above the passenger headlight... under the hood... hope this helps.

also... we removed the seats today and found 2 builds sheets... one i think was under driver seat... one was under back seat ( I don't remember if it was bottom or back).

Back