Trip to Wixom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I had my tour of the T-Bird line at Wixom yesterday and it was incredible! Got there at 10 am and Dave Davis was waiting for me. He said he had some bad news, however. My car came off the line late Thursday. I told him that means the good news was that I'd get it a day earlier, right? No, he said, he held it up so I could see it! Oh, well!!! The tour lasted an hour and a half and I got to see everything but the paint department. We started out at the Lincoln line where he said they try to run about 49 cars an hour. The T-Bird line by comparison runs 12 cars an hour. The neatest thing about being there was how many of the production crew came up to me and thanked me for buying the car. Pretty classy! Once we got to the end of the line, we found my car and I got to sit in it and have my picture taken next to it. That will be framed in my den. The thought that came to me was that when we want to buy a car, we do a little homework, find a dealer, pick out what we want, but it and drive home. Never a thought to how the car got there in the first place. Well, let me tell you, an unbelievable amount of effort goes into building a car. The care the crew put into the building of the car was amazing too. It will make me enjoy the car all the more. It was also great to see so many Birds in one place and in various stages of completion. Take the tour if you can! As a side note to Jim W., I didn't see your car, but I'm sure it won't be long. I'm hoping to take delivery of mine on Tuesday or Wednesday!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Being built week of 2/11

Yellow '76

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tip thanks for trying I hope you're right. I read on another thread they're done in color blocks so mine being red and yours blue could explain. Enjoy the hell out of yours and keep in touch.

Congratulations Tip. I'm red too like Jim. My last 3 digits are 871, so that must put me about 4 days behind you, huh?

-

-

Actually, the cars were not in order by color, maybe you both will see yours sooner than you think. Thanks for the kind words!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Being built week of 2/11

Yellow '76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back