toy model cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vic, received the 1/24th scale 'Bird today, however it is yellow, not white. I have contacted overgoatlantic.com to see what gives. I would recommend you do not order until I can get this straightened out. I'll keep you posted.

Blue Heaven
Blue Premium w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE (the daily workhorse)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just found out that the diecast dealer I have been buying most of my cars from for the past 15 years is taking orders on the "Bond Girl" coral Thunderbird (1/18th scale). The item number is 100013 and the price is $24.95 plus shipping (they are located outside Boston). Stock is due in sometime this month or early Sept. You can check out their website at www.exoticar.com or call 1-800-348-9159.

02 black Taurus SE (the daily workhorse)

thanks for that tip. just ordered the bond bird in 1/18. now i have all seven. anyone know of a grey or blue 2003 available yet?

------------------
Gary L Henkel

It's been well over a month since I've posted here as I'm using another message board.

The only 1/24 or 1/25 scale white bird that has been made was for the those that got in on the Thunderbird Collection from Ford last year.

------------------
mike biddle
the New Thunderbird
--------------------
As you can tell, tbird is blanking out my website address. If you need to find it, just do a web search on my real name.

-

I enjoy the enthusiasm you members express on your diecast finds. The old Maisto show car is pale yellow and not white. As an avid and well known Thunderbird collector, I can assure you, no factory made white diecast 1:24 has been made. You could buy a Wheels of Fire kit (cheap) and spray it white and build it up, or buy a cheap yellow diecast, disassemble it and paint it and put it back together. You'd have one of a kinds!!
Steve Legel

Thanks for the info Steve. I think that is what I will probably do (I have a spare yellow). My only concern is that I may not be able to save the Tampo decals that are on the car. I'll have to come up with something. Take Care!

By the way,

The official Ford Diecast I received is the MAISTO 1:25 scale. I have the RED but the MAISTO site mentioned in this thread only lists the Black (MAI-31966BLK) and the Blue (MAI-31966MB)

HKS

RaceRoger, there are a number of Maisto 1/18th scale blue ones on e-bay right now. I have two of them, the color is as close as you can get. You can also get them from exoticar.com, I think they get $24.00 ea. If you want a smaller version, Maisto also makes a 1/25th version. The only drawback to any of these is that they have the 24 spoke painted wheels, not the 7 spoke chrome ones most of us have. Other then that, the quality is pretty good. Good hunting!!

------------------
02 Black Taurus SE

I bought a Maisto 1:18 YELLOW 2002 Ford Thunderbird metal car model for $9.87 at Sam's Wholesale club here in Houston. They had 2-3 pallets of a variety Maisto car models. I just kept digging until I found a "T" bird

Sam's Club is periodically a good source for diecast. I found a black and a red there last year and paid about $9.99 ea.

------------------
02 Black Taurus SE

i've ordered about 5 including 55 and 57 models along with 2002 red and others from www.arkansastreasures.com. great service, reasonably priced, and came quickly. highly recommend them. also have the mini coopers which a friend recently purchased.

I bought the Maisto 1/18 blue 02 at a Target store in FL while on vacation a few weeks ago.

Then I bought a Maisto 1/18 red 02 for my wife at a WalMart here in northern VA. She wants the real thing, maybe in the near future? It would be kind of fun to have a his/hers and trade every so often.

Then I bought a Majorette 1/18 blue 55 on EBay, just arrived today, sweet. I think this is the only 1/18 blue 55.

Then I bought a Ertl 1/18 blue 57 on EBay, should arrive soon. It appears to be nicer than the Yatming model...the Ertl goes for about 2-3x price of Yatming. Also, the Ertl doesn't have the Continental kit, Yatming does.

I wanted to have the classic birds upon which the new bird is based, and in the blue colors.

That's it for me, I don't want all colors and special issue colors, etc. etc. etc.

------------------
PK- Blue/Full Blue/Blue Top #16336

Anybody know where I can get a red 1/18th with premium wheels and a standard black interior. Even the #4 collection item had the deluxe wheels, I thought it was supposed to be a replica of the car we bought.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Every color and scale that I have (both 1/25 and 1/18) all have deluxe wheels and full interior accent package. I do not beleive there are any diecast made with the seven spoke premium wheels.

------------------
02 Black Taurus SE

I just got the 1/25th scale, from Walmart, in a kit form from Maisto. It was 9 bucks, black with red inserts. It also had the removeable hardtop. Not bad I think, for quality, just like the larger 1/18. Also gives you 2 wheel options. had to dig for it, its in the model section.

------------------
2002 Thunderbird blue
2001 Mag Red Corvette vert.
2000 Aqua Marine PT Cruiser
1968 Rally Red Corvette roadster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back