toy model cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Hey, i was wondering where i could get a thunderbird 2002 model car besides TOYS R US... lol. I'm thinking of getting one for my b\f who loves these cars, since neither me or him could afford one.

thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ford has them in their catolog. You should be able to get there through the Ford website. If I recall, I paid about $35 for 1:18 scale, about 9 1/2" long

also try www.maisto.com -- they manufacture the models and sell them online via numerous distributors... their website has all the links.

p.s. Someone gave me a blue model T-bird (to match my real one) and it has found a semi-permanent home on the rear shelf behind the seats. I put it there as a joke, but it's a cool conversation piece...

p.p.s You are a great g\f :)

You sound like a great g\f so if your b\f goes by the wayside.... I want to apply for the position and remember I have a real TBird! (and a model) lol

are the white ones available. i've found all colors except white. i'd like to have a model of all six, including the neiman marcus.

------------------
Gary L Henkel

I looked for over 1 yr and was forced to purchase a white model from Maisto. It looks sharp. I have never seen a white one in a store or on ebay.

I purchased my white one on ebay about three months ago, and have seen them there periodically. Keep checking, these are not available in stores.

Blue Premium w/partial accent
02 Taurus SE (the daily driver)

You can usually find the 2002 Birds from Miasto at Walmart or Target. They rarely have more than one color at a time. I did by my white one at Target but they are the hardest to find. Red, Black and Blue are the easiest to find, I've seen all three of these colors in various Walmarts in the past 2 weeks. The yellow and white are both pretty tough. You'll have to go to FORD or Ebay for the NM version.

For the past few years SAM's Club has gotten the Miasto cars in before Christmas. That's a great time to pick one up as they usually have them for $9.99.

Happy hunting,

Paul
4 red FORDs

thanks for your help guys. in about 2 hours, i located and purchased all 6 maisto models, including the nieman marcus. and i've got a guy in arkansas looking for the 3 new ones for next year. i also decided to throw in a 55 black, a 55 pink, and a 57 red for comparison. then i had to buy a rack to display them. my wife thinks i'm nuts and is ready to disown me. maybe i better not order the real ones just yet. i'll wait until i win the lottery!

all i need is the white one to have all 6 in 1/18th does anyone know of a white one in 1/24-1/25th scale? ive got the red blue black and yellow but no white.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

Vic, I too have every scale and every color except for a 1/24 or 1/25 white. According to Maisto, they have not made one yet. I am constantly on the prowl for these, so I will post if I get any additional info.

Blue Heaven
02 Black Taurus SE (the daily workhorse)

Vic/Blue
A couple of months ago I saw a picture of a white 1/25 on ebay. They were selling a red
one at the time,but showed the white so they are out there somewhere.

02BIRDOH
Bob

man, and my wife thinks i'm nuts for getting all of the 1/18 when we only own a black. then she nearly went ballistic when i ordered the 55's and the 57's that the retros are based on. and you guys are ordering all of the scales????

------------------
Gary L Henkel

Vic, I've just purchased a white 1/24th scale on ebay from overgoatlantic.com. They had a buy it now price of $19.99 (and fixed shipping of $5.00). I've emailed them to inquire if they have any more.

Blue Heaven
02 Black Taurus SE (the daily workhorse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back