Tour Wixom

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
My full blue is scheduled to be built the week of March 4th. Does anyone know if tours are available on the Tbird line at Wixom? My vin is 12778 but I don't konw which day and I don't have a sequence number.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Charliefed, if you check some older posts you will find out all the info you would need on this. It has been brough up many times in the past.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

To arrange a tour, call Dave Davis at the Wixom plant....248-344-5359.
Dave is very accomodating. DavidA and I are taking the plant tour this coming Tuesday. So I may see your car.

I am guessing mine will be built toward the end of March.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

Originally posted by charliefed:
My full blue is scheduled to be built the week of March 4th. Does anyone know if tours are available on the Tbird line at Wixom? My vin is 12778 but I don't konw which day and I don't have a sequence number.

I left a message on Dave Davi's answering machine Mon Morning (2/25) he called me back Mon afternoon. Our car is scheduled to be built March 4-11, (113005) he said he will be calling me when he has a firm build date to set up the tour 2-3 days in advance of the build.

------------------

My full blue arrived today at Galloway Ford in Fort Myers Florida, number 111639. We took a tour of Wixom assembly in November. Tours are conducted upon request by contacting the plant. The walking tour took 1.5 hours and it was just the wife and I. The tour guide is a retired plant HR person, really nice guy but his name escapes me. Call the Wixom plant directly to arrange a tour. At the time of our visit they were building 112 per day. Yours should be delivered in 2 weeks by my math.

flyboy514, I actually talked to David Davis at Wixonm today and yes, you are correct, he is a very nice man. He is going to meet me at 1:00 this Thursday. My full blue should become blue on Wednesday, hit trim on Thursday and final on Friday. They are still at 112/day one shift (body and paint on two shifts). It takes 4 plus days from start to finish. He said there are about 400 cars on the line at one time.

Joelja and I are in Wixom right now, meeting Dave Davis tomorrow at 10AM. He is terrific -- he even called Joel's home this afternoon to make sure we were coming and to let us know he'll be at the gate at 10. Ford is lucky to have a guy like him and prople like Wixempooh working for them. We hope to meet her tomorrow too! We'll post pictures and a report in a few days.

Don't count on posting your pictures. I went to the plant last week for the tour. dave encouraged me to take all the pictures I wanted (in most areas) but made me promise that NONE of them would hit the web.

It is a great tour and I am going to try to go back the second week in April when mine is actually being built.
cool.gif

I agree that Ford is very lucky to have people like Dave. He is very knowlegeable and nice. I didn't know that the original '57 Tbird was the first car built at that plant.

Enjoy the tour.
smile.gif

The drive between Detroit Metro and Wixom is relatively easy. The freeways all connect
smile.gif

The time it takes- well now- that's a different story. It depends on what time of day. Its about 35 miles from the airport to the plant. I live about 7 miles from the airport and it takes me about 50 mins to get to work in heavy but moving traffic.

On a lighter note- any of you who might be visiting- there is a hotel right across the street from the plant (Baymont) and there are several high scale hotels in Novi (which is about 5 miles from the plant).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back