Touch-up Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard anyone bring this up that has got their car. With all my birds sence 1984 I was given a small bottle of touch-up paint with the car, even with my 97 F-150. Are they still doing this or not.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/18 Delivery Date SOON!!

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I didn't recieve a bottle of touchup paint with my new Thunderbird, so I ordered a bottle from the parts department. I just received it after being on order for over a month. I haven't had a need for it yet, but I'll be ready for the first paint chip when it happens, which I know it will!

i received my touch up paint in the mail somewhere between 30 - 45 days after delivery.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Hi All

Can't answer the question as to whether or not they give you a bottle of touch up with the car- but would like to offer up a warning.

Before using the touch up- please shake it really really well. And make sure you check the color (somewhere it can't be seen) before you try to fix a chip. The color match isn't always the greatest. Would hate for you to find that out after the fact.

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this comment/question, but here goes.

I have read the forum religiously and have enjoyed it very much. I'm sorry I haven't had much to contribute, other than to share the pure enjoyment I have had with my black 'bird. I have already posted the VIN on the forum on a previous date.

In your referenced to touch-up paint, I was cleaning the engine compartment the other day and couldn't help but notice that the paint, especially in the sunlight, show just a light spray over maybe a base primer coat. The paint is almost a greenish tint black. When the hood of the car is shut, you can actually see this green tine in the gap between the hood and the fender, which almost looks like dust or dirt that needs to be cleaned. This also appears on the back side of the gas compartment door.

My question......is this normal? I have not seen another T-Bird to check out the engine compartment to see if this scanty type of paint color occurs on the other cars as well as mine.

About 5 years ago, dealers had the opportunity to sign up for a Ford customer follow-up program that sent out the touch - up paint as part of the mailings to new vehicle buyers. A few signed up but not many. It was pretty expensive for the dealer and other programs have come out since then.
Lon's dealer must still be on the original program. Duane

GoBird, As far as I know some dealers send touch up paint to customers after the sale of all cars. My dealership doesn't, it will depend on the dealer you bought from. We send cookies instead, for what thats worth. It's a follow up program and all dealers do different things. John

RedBirdDlx,

Your assumption is correct.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Touch-up paint is something I always make part of the original deal on a new car. Did the same on the bird. Just another small detail in the new car negotiation business.

The another thing I insist on is proof that the wheels are balanced and the alignment is within specs. Nothing worse than ruining a new tire within a few months.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Gobird.. Here is the Part # for Thunderbird Blue. ALBZ-19500-7016A Laquer Touch Up paint.. It will not match the steering wheel or shift knob... But it matches the outside really well.. No scratched to fill.. Just put some on a white business card to match.. Good Luck!...

PA O2 Bird thanks for the part number. Everytime I go to the dealer to order something for the bird they can never find the part #'s. Thanks to this site I can always provide them with it.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

I checked with my body shop man, he said that the blue is a metallic base and should be sprayed and not brushed on. Leads me to believe that I don't want to mess with touch up paint on this baby.

Racerroger, I don't think the turqoise is matillic but it doesn't matter. At 60 or 70 mph who cares. OR 80 TO 100 MPH.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back