Touch up Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone received touch-up paint in the mail and recognized that the color named on the paint is not the same as the color of their car?

I got white touch up for my Whisper White T-Bird and it looks ALOT darker?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The Ford engineers give a color a name and code number and that is usually what goes on the touch-up paint container. The Marketing folks give the same color a "promotional" name which is used in the Sales Brochures and order guides.

Be sure when ordering your touch-up paint, to use the color code on your door jam identification plate. Your parts department doesn't have to guess with you on which white, blue, etc. you need if you have this code #. Duane

RedBirdDlx, what is the code for Performanace White, it is not listed on the door plate. ?

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

I bought 2 bottles of touch up paint for my Blue 02. The label on both bottles reads, "Tunderbird Blue". Yes, Thunderbird is misspelled on the label. But the color matches! Part number for TBird Blue is ALBZ-19500-7016A
Loving this car more every day.
Hugh in Houston
FUN 3X

wbernie: My wife has the Bird and I can't check the paint code until tomorrow. Follow RedBirdDix's advise and look for the color code on the door jam identification plate -- or the parts gal/guy will walk out to your car and get the right code from the door jam. Good luck.

I got my touch-up paint 2 days ago and it matches. Of course I have a BlackBird. I am dissappointed though. I did not make the cut off for all the free stuff the rest of you guys are getting so I all I have received is the paint. My Eddie Bauer Explorer came with a really nice Eddie Bauer Leather Bag and my SportTrac came with 2 folding chairs. I wish I would receive something nice since this is a nicer car than any of the other Fords I have purchased.

WixomPooh:

Glad to see you're still around! I wanted to say thanks for the job you did in finishing my red/red T-Bird. Ford's lucky to have folks like you and the rest of the Wixom Gang!

Jim

WixomPooh, do you know the code for Performance White. It was not a color that you would have painted as it is only on the tops.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back