Top Wrench | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Top Wrench

• Thread starter Thread starter palarry
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow our wrench to tighten the hard top on out 05 T bird has gotten misplaced. The Ford dealer does not show a part number for it.

Currently I am used a regular torqs bit, that works fine, but would like to have the original wrench .

Anybody got a part number or know where to purchase a wrench?

Pogo

Moderator Note 2020: you can buy the wrench click here.

twrench.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Welcome pogo:

You can get one at Sears - Torx tool 41477 or go to your Ford dealer:

The Torx wrench is made by Wiha. You can order by mail from them. The catalog is on the web--do a Google search for "Wiha Tools." It is a "Tee" handle size T40 by 100mm; their part number 36440--364 T Handle TORX T40X100. The stock one comes with a green handle instead of red or black. But it costs only about $15 plus shipping, rather than the $50 they want at Ford parts counters.

BTW, some have paid $35 to $50. for these

Thanks George

Thanks for the info, George.
I had gone to our Ford dealer, but their parts guy's could not find a part number, so I went to Lowe's and picked up a Torx bit, that worked in a ratchet handle I had.
I will check out the T wrench at Sears too.

Thanlks again, and have a wonderful Christmas.

Glad to be of some help Larry. It is less expensive in the aftermarket, but if you want the same as what came with the car then you want the wiha.
I believe Wiha is out of Germany, but can be found on the web
good luck and all the best for your Holiday Season!!

Hi George,

is Torx tool 41477 works on 2002 tunderbird?

Thanks
Hesh

Yes Hesh, it does and you can get a Craftsman #41477 at most any Sears hardware Dept or store with tools etc.🙂
BTW, I did a search on ebay using "T wrench for hardtops" and they are there but $50. to $70. I say stick with Sears

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back