Top hydraulic pump access

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rosstaylor211

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
My top hydraulic pump lost some fluid. Raises partially. I can't find the pump. The factory says access from top well with the top closed. I am too big to work back there. Can the pump be reached from the trunk?
Thanks
Ross Taylor
New Castle, PA

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ross:
I don't know where you access it from but, another place to look for resolution----from each side look down and see if the top bows are still tightly bolted to the car which if loose, causes partial lift.
There have been owners that found the nuts loosened on one side when theior top only went up part way. Here's what I found:

"It was nighttime; I was putting the top down when I heard a “pop”… and the left side of the roof suddenly grinded to a slow crawl. I finished putting it down by hand, and fell into auto-induced state of depression.
Afterwards, I had to “help” the left side back up to its closing position. The next time I tried to lower the roof, it jammed!
Seems that 1 loose nut allowed a bracket to slip out of its mounting point on the left hydraulic cylinder. The bracket then jammed against the hydraulic cylinder… potentially breaking it from its mounting point.
I unsnapped the liner and the wayward bracket was found, the hydraulic cylinder was gently raised (using the “top up” button), and the bracket slowly popped back into place. Then, the loose nut was tightened with an adjustable wrench."

While inside, we checked that the other nut was tight… and were relieved to discover it was fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back