Top Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allen Milewicz

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I've got a red bird with black accent interior.

I've always thought the old birds looked cool with a white hardtop that brings the unique porthole. A bodyshop manager at the ford dealership said he would paint my red top white for $400.

Anyone have any thoughts on how this would look and if I should do it. I think that after a while used or discarded hardtops will find their way into the market place. Ordering a second hardtop from the parts department costs way more than the first one.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by TbirdTim:
Allen,

I like the look very much of the red Thunderbird with the white hardtop. [/URL]

I like the red/white combo too. Some of those other's are a little scary. Sort of the way I match clothes.

Allen:

I have a black with white HT, I love it. I think the red with white looks great also!

I figure go for it - if you really hate it you could always get ti painted back to read!

Tom M

I ordered red with a white top also but not arrived yet. I don't know about the paint. I would just wait and eventually pick one up.

I have seen a few new Birds now but didn't notice this. Are the headliners all the same color no matter what color the top is?

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Check this site for pictures http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst
Look in New rides, Bill's R

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

Check this site for pictures http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst
Look in: California Cruise 1 for Ronj's new red T-Bird with a white top.

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium

I really believe that Thunderbird Blue is THBE color for this car for this year.(of course , that is the color of mine)

metinsure

I'm starting to update & change my webpages as I'm making room for the 03. The first page receiving a major overhaul was the colors for the 02. I've got all the hardtop colors showing except the blue with a black hardtop - used the black soft top in it's place and it works with the info in place. still have more work to do on it but it's ready for viewing.

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16 = the New T-bird

Originally posted by Allen Milewicz:
I think that after a while used or discarded hardtops will find their way into the market place.

You are correct that they'll find their way to the market. All it takes is for a 'bird to be totaled, with it's hardtop in storage. However, there may be premium prices on them as those that don't have hardtops & want one, will also be looking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back